What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

What were you thinking?

I am always amazed at the incredibly stupid things guys say. Sometimes my customers look really good on the outside, well dressed, well groomed, professional, and the minute they open their mouths they become really unattractive. Take this guy today...
He comes in looking for a beverage in the morning. He orders a fairly common "guy" drink, I think just a coffee. I then proceed to ask him if he would like a muffin or a scone to go with the coffee. Here is what he says, and I have heard many men say this, "No I am watching my girlish figure.". O come on guys, Please don't say that because then you sound like a girl! You are also about 6'4" tall and 250 lbs. I can't figure out if they are kidding but in my experience they say it without laughing so I have to believe that they are serious.
Has anyone else experienced these comments from customers?
To be fair it is not only men who make these kind of comments. I get plenty of silly comments from women as well.
Let's hear it.
have a great Friday, Coco

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he was trying to make a 'funny.'

Obviously it fell flat.

2:29 AM  
Blogger CoCo said...

I can't believe that a reader is not sleeping at 2:29am. This blog is not that important! Get some rest it will be here tomorrow.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home