What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Internet Dating Man Again

I worked tonight at the coffee shop. Friday is a fun night . I get to see men after work all excited for the weekend. Some of them are headed out to happy hour and want to grab a coffee to keep them awake for the night . There are also those who choose to meet a first date at a coffee shop. My shop is very popular for this because it is near many restaurants. If the date goes well then they both head out to dinner together. If not they leave separately.
I have seen this same guy several times now at my shop.
He comes in and meets a woman. They talk for about an hour and then their "date" is over. Sometimes not even an hour. He walks her to her car and than guess what? He stays around for another internet date! He is actually meeting 3 or 4 women in a night for coffee. Also with him is his computer for quick access to the internet dating site while waiting.
Each time he approaches my counter with a different woman and buys a refill for himself and a nonfat latte for her. Big spender! They make small talk and chat for awhile. I have never seen this man leaving for dinner with any women.
I wonder what the criteria would be for him to give up all the later dates and concentrate on 1 date? What is he looking for in a woman? I sometimes want to ask him these questions but I think he would mistake my curiosity for interest. I don't want to be another "coffee date" for anyone.
Has anyone had any of these coffee dates for themselves? Let me know. If you see this guy beware and stay away.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen the film "Must Love Dogs?" Great coffee-shop internet dating scene.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home