What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Some days you shouldn't get out of bed.

Today was one of those days we all have. They start off with a premonition of doom. You know the feeling. You're lying in bed and you know it's all going to be bad. If I just had listened to myself this morning I could have totally skipped my Monday at work.

CELL PHONE HELL !!!

It seemed as if every customer was a man on a cell phone. Tell me who all these people are talking to. One younger man was talking to his mom and telling her that the light has gone out of his lovers eyes when they are together. Of course everyone behind him now also knows this info. I'm not sure if I want to be telling my mom that at all. He then proceeded to give mom his new phone # which my whole coffee shop heard. I'm sure all the girls in line will be calling him offering condolences.
I think men like to use cell phones in public to draw attention to themselves. You know- like how much their deal is worth, talking to their car mechanic about their new acquisition. They also talk a lot about their wives/girlfriends. They talk about sports and how much they are betting. If I hear one more conversation about their trip to Cabo or Vegas I will scream!

I think it is so funny when they try and order something to drink and then whisper their order to me. Like it is some big secret where they are. They are all out getting a Latte. We at work try to make as much noise as possible to let everyone in the world know where these guys are. It is not a secret any longer when we get done with them!
Yes I have a cell phone and I try to be courteous when using.

Does anyone else have cell phone problems ? I am sure I am not the only one.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of MANLET calls his mother to talk about his girlfriend?

LOL

9:47 AM  
Blogger CoCo said...

What is a manlet?

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A 'manlet' is just like a man, but in a smaller more convenient size.

Size refers to the 'mental' as well as the physical, of course.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Gordy said...

Yeah, I ride the bus to work and on the way home I yelled at this stupid teenager/college student talking loudly on his phone.

About the shagging he gave some chick the night before.

It was such a stupid conversation to have in public (his response was "freedom of speech"), I ripped the ear phone out of his ear and flung it down the isle.

It was just as jerky a thing to do, but I couldn't stand it anymore.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home