What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Addicted or not ?

My friends and I did an informal survey in the coffee shop one day. The question was " Do you drink coffee for the taste or for the caffeine jolt ?"
It was apparent to me that not many people wanted to admit they couldn't get through their morning without a cup of coffee. A very large cup of coffee.
At the start of the survey the answers were all about the taste. You guys really brew great coffee and I love the taste of it. Can't start my day without a cup.

I KNEW THEY WERE LYING TO THEMSELVES !

However as the morning passed and customers started to become honest then we heard all about how they wanted coffee solely for the caffeine jolt. "Heck with the taste. We can't stand the taste of coffee , only want the caffeine!"

You can see them coming a mile away. Desperate for a cup of any kind of coffee. You can see them driving on the freeway in the morning. And most women or men wake up next to a caffeine addict. You all know what that is about. Don't talk to me till I've had a cup. Did you set the coffee timer last night kind of people.

This all makes me very glad I do not drink coffee!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is the taste. The jolt comes from the acid in the coffee and not the caffeine. It takes 2 hours for the caffeine to take affect.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If all I wanted was caffeine, I'd buy coffee at 7-11 ... not 'bucks.

However, I agree ... most people are hooked on caffeine.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home