What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sweaty Money $$$$$$

So I don't feel like writing today. I have been working lots of days in the coffee shop and have been "out-manned" . Get it ???? I have seen the best of the best and the worst of the worst, men's behavior that is. Which brings me to a very unpleasant, actually disgusting subject for today. So awful I have a hard time talking about it.
SWEATY MONEY !!!!!
Remember I was telling you about the spandex man, the cyclist? Well let's revisit that type of guy.

Women know all about spandex or lycra. The wonder material made for smoothing and concealing lumps and bumps. Let's think about where women could possibly carry money if wearing spandex. HAHA in a purse, silly.
Men wearing spandex have no purses or bicycle bags. They just fit those bill and change and credit cards and phone into a nice little wad and STUFF it in their pants. No wonder they bulge so much!
So imagine how they pay for a Latte after a bike ride of say, 2 hours or so.
A typical conversation:
COCO: Good morning how are you today?
BIKER: Give me a skinny latte now.
COCO: Glad to see you too, that will be $4.00.
-now biker pulls money from deep in his spandex bike shorts where the sun don't shine.-
COCO: Why is this money dripping wet? Do you possibly have any dry money?
BIKER: There is nothing wrong with this money. I have been riding for 2 hours.
COCO: Did you ever consider that people might not want to handle money if it has been in your crotch for 2 hours?
BIKER: All of us have this type of money.

AAAAARGH: there are 10 of his cycling buddies behind him in line!!!!

The coffee shop continues to be a place of amazing men. As I told one man who asked me" How do you remember people's names every day?". I replied " Some people are just memorable. Some because of unpleasant interactions and some people for very positive interactions." So watch how you interact with people. I always want to be remembered for the positive interactions. If I was a man I wouldn't want to be remembered as the "the sweaty money guy"!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what sort of perverts are visiting your shop and handing you sweaty money, but I can't think of a reason anyone would voluntarily carry coins in bike shorts... there's nowhere to put them.

proper bike jerseys have pockets on the back, like this, and wind across the back prevents any sweat buildup.

http://www.probikekit.com/imgLarge/C8249-B.jpg

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do your homework first before blathering stupidity. Is this how one grows up when they don't learn to think before they speak? Every cyclist I've met has their money, id, keys etc in the jersey pockets where it's nice and dry.

You are stupid, and there's no medication for that yet.

5:47 AM  
Blogger CoCo said...

I can only describe life as I see it and I see $$$ pulled from bike shorts everyday!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way Jose! You are mistaken. You should get some glasses.

Though, I've put money in jersey pockets, and it DOES get damp.

We're discussing your posting at http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=184433

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweaty money is the worst! I've experienced it first hand.. literally. It's nasty!! If only they did keep it in that convenient pouch on the back of their sexy cycling jersey.. But, THEY DON'T! I think they like grabbing it from their crotch, because even though it's disgusting.. they like that we're thinking about their crotch(even if it's in a bad way)...

5:34 PM  
Blogger shawnkielty said...

Well I live in Mesa AZ -- It's hot here. I am not going to stay inside just because you don't like other people's sweat. and I am not going to stop drinking coffee. But you do make a point. I can sweat through a leather wallet here in an hour when it's 120 degrees out. It's imaginable and hopeful that during a ride all of my clothes and all of my 10 or so inches of hair would be absolutely drenched (dripping, literally) in my sweat.

The only thing I can possibly imagine that might be better, would be to be drenched like that in someone else's sweat.

I'll try to use a credit card from now on.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Gordy said...

Yes, sweaty money from a jersey pocket is gross. Monkey gross sweaty money from their shorts is far worse. They make these things out of plastic called sandwich bags, and some even have tight seals called Zip-locs that would keep the dough dry and clean.

Heck, put the money and the baggie in your kit under your saddle. That way it doesn't give you a heavy lump in your pocket or shorts?

Some male cyclist are so stupid and you pointed them out. Me? I carry my change in a old pill bottle and fold the bills on top. Clean and dry in my kit in the bag under my saddle.

Gordy
the cycling curmudgeon

9:53 AM  
Blogger shawnkielty said...

The whole thing about reaching into the crotch for the money I don't get, that's not only gross but could/should get a guy arrested. I have some side pockets in my not so trendy cycling shorts, but mostly it's in the wallet behind the jersey pockets.

I'll try the ziploc.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call it as I see it.or , rather, touch it

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home