What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

CHIC MAGNETS

So what are chic magnets? They are props or pets that men use to draw women into conversations. It is funny how I see it everyday and sometimes even I fall for the "cutest puppy" in the world trick.
So today I was working in the coffee shop and there were several men inside and outside at tables reading books. Nothing unusual. I have seen this prop used before so I wasn't fooled. Here's how it works.
The textbook is usually something technical. A really good book is a medical text/magazine so that the unsuspecting woman thinks that they have snagged a doctor or at least a med student. Hold the book up so the woman notices than make some eye contact and smile at her. "Nice day isn't it?". And they are off into a conversation about medicine and you can tell he is trying to make it up as he goes. To watch this is a thing of beauty. Some guys really work it for several hours at a time. They go through several women and almost 90% of the time I get the question' "Do you have a pen I can borrow to write down a phone # ,?"
I have also seen this done with a BIBLE. It seems pretty strange to me that a guy would pick up women with a Bible. That doesn't sound quite right!
So I think that my word of warning ladies is not to believe what you see. Look further than the reading material and use your good judgement.
Anyone fallen for this type of guy lately? Anyone seen this type of guy in a coffee shop lately? Tell us about it.
Happy reading everyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've fallen for the cute puppy before.. in fact it happened to me today. I must say, it works.. those men, they think they are sooo clever. You've got em down..

5:36 PM  
Blogger CoCo said...

Not only the cute puppy but the man carrying the cute baby. Or the man who seems lost and asks directions. Oh sorry men don't ask for directions!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home