What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Days Off

My days off from the coffee shop are awesome. I try to plan them during the week so there aren't as many other people running errands and doing day off stuff.
The problem for me is that on these days I no longer have instant access to my caffeine. I have to go to another shop and WAIT IN LINE. I get to see the world from another perspective, as a customer. I do say that I am a good customer as I wait in line to order and wait in line to get my coffee beverage. However I now see my familiar types of customers in line in front of me. There are still surfers and bike riders and just grouchy people out there. There are rude customers and the condescending customers and the pick up line customers. I heard an awful pick up line while waiting on line today. I just wanted to tell the gentlemen that if that line didn't work on me last week , it certainly wouldn't work on another barista today!
It was the typical "are you new here?" line. I started to giggle behind the man and I think he got offended and started to give me nasty looks. I was on the verge of telling him there were some dating guides for sale in the bookstore next door. I don't think they would have helped him though.
Maybe he should try internet dating. At least there would be no verbal communication or cheesy pick up lines at first contact.
Tell me what it is like to be a customer at a Starbucks.
Have a great Wednesday! Coco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home