What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Man Hater?????

One of my co-workers called me a man hater today. Of course it was a man! We were discussing my writings at work today and he thinks I don't like men. Well I'll tell you that men are some of my most favorite people. I think men are very straight-forward and have very clear cut emotions, unlike women who are very hard to figure out.
I was trying to explain to him I am writing about customers, mainly men who I see each day. Men who would not be particularily good choices for women to date. These men I have written about in the last month. I think men have a hard time reading about themselves and that is why perhaps he can't identify. He probably can't figure out what the problem is with Sweaty money or wearing cycling shorts or using cheesy pick up lines on women.
I have a challenge for men readers. Tell us all of any similar experiences . Do men in retail find any of these profiles in your work situation?

By they way it was Easter Sunday and YES the church goers were out in force today. Unhappy and still drinking coffees. I am so exhausted I will sleep well tonight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dislike of cyclists, what is it rooted in?

Did a cyclist do you wrong?

11:35 PM  
Blogger CoCo said...

Yes I've been done wrong by a bicyclist

7:27 AM  
Blogger Gordy said...

Okay, I'm new to your blog and probably ancient compared to you as I'm 46. I don't think you hate men. I'm not sure if retail is for you, possibly. It sure wasn't for me.

Customers can suck pretty bad. There are a few kind regulars that make the days they show up great. There just are a lot of customers that stink. And your job brings you in contact with lots of them per hour compared to other retail jobs.

I mostly make my own coffee. But I buy all my beans from my local shop. And I always buy a cup of something while there and I always tip my barista. That's what I learned from working retail.

PS: You'd find my blog horribly boring. Don't bother.

Gordy
the cycling curmudgeon

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home