What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Pick-ups

So today was the day of pick-up lines and asking for cell phones #'s. What a day!
Three women and one guy working with me this morning. I can't believe that someone was looking to hook up at 7am on a Saturday morning! Well it's true.
There I am doing my job, minding my own business when a guy comes into the coffee shop and proceeds to try pick me up. For anyone who reads my blog you have probably learned that my least favorite customer/man is a bicyclist. Well that was who this guy was!
All 6 ft, sweaty money, spandex, covered in sweat, bicylist! The girls were laughing so hard at this poor guy in his outfit trying to flirt and hit on me. Soon I was left all alone out front. All my co-workers ran to the back they were laughing so hard. He pulled out all the classic lines and even threw in a "your husband must like coffee" line, to see if I was married. He asked for my cell pnone # and I told him I didn't believe in them. He asked me if I would call his cell phone. I told him that I believed cell-phones cause brain cancer Nothing deterred him. It would have been quite flattering if he hadn't looked so lame in his matching cycling outfit and if he wasn't pouring sweat all over my counter.
There was quite a bit of flirting going on today. Maybe it is the time of year, this being spring and all.
I just would like to know why some guys won't take no for an answer and let it go?
Give it up. Throw in the towel?
I do have a feeling he will be back tomorrow and I am ready with reinforcements.
Have yourself a fabulous Easter!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance Armstrong (the cyclist in case you were wondering) once said:

"What makes a great endurance athlete is the ability to absorb potenial embarrassment, and to suffer without complaint."

Explains your story quite well, don't you think?

4:10 PM  
Blogger CoCo said...

I am actually well versed in everything cycling and ..... yes he came back the next day looking for me. I was working later so I missed him.
The story continues.......

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home