What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Nice Cars But No Cash

I have noticed a trend in the past few months in my coffee shop. Men who drive really, really nice cars and somehow have forgotten their wallets and are unable to pay for their beverages. These are also the customers who insist on taking all of their change even the .05 cents and pennies and putting it in their pockets, Would it be so hard to give the .05 or penny towards a tip for your barista for our fabulous service? Do you need that change to finance your car?
I overheard a women customer talking about the men who drive these really nice cars, the Porsches,Audi's, Ferrari's and other cars you see on the freeway. Her observation was that they have great cars but they are leased. When you date them you find out they have very little cash and live in very teeny apartments. A hot date would be a walk on the beach where they make sure to park as far away so they don't have to pay for a parking meter. I guess that explains the "oops I forgot my wallet" trick. They are spending so much on cars that they can't afford a coffee beverage during the day.
Maybe men need to rethink their priorities. Is that car really that important to your image? What is important in life?
I'd like to hear about any sightings. Do women like this type of date?
Have a great Tuesday, Coco

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the "fancy car" didn't 'work', men wouldn't lease them. For some reason a new Porsche turns "old, fat, and bald" into "mature, worldly, and cute".

Anyway, I know plenty of wealthy folks who OWN really expensive cars and are CHEAP. You know why?

BECAUSE CHEAP IS HOW THEY GOT RICH.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what about the girls who fall all over these guys (with the fancy cars) thinking that there's something in it for them ... to be hanging out with these guys.

Works both ways...

10:08 PM  
Blogger CoCo said...

Don't you think that girls would see the light after the 2nd or 3rd "oops I left my wallet in my other pants" trick? or
the 3rd trudge to the beach?
People don't want to see what is right in front of their faces, do they?

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Self deception is a very common trait.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Gordy said...

These guys have lots of cousins too.

I have a friend that is a vet. His problem is he is near a very swanky neighborhood. There are lots of folks in gigantic houses they can't afford. With expensive snooty pets they can't really afford either. Keeping a pet healthy can cost money and don't be pissed at the vet because they try to do their job and treat your pet well.

Same thing applies to you. I'm sure you do your job fine, and smile and junk, and these guys stiff you for the tip if not the cost of their beverage. They are dopes and it does catch up with them. Its nothing about you, its them.

Then again, I don't have a fancy car (its an ordinary Honda) and ride bike more than drive it (yeah, I know your feelings toward cyclists, its okay, your opinion doesn't bother me, there are lots of jerks that ride) so I probably don't like these guys any more than you do.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home