What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Friends?

Ok guys, here is the question.
Can women and men remain "friends" after a relationship ends?
So many women I know have relationships that have ended and invariably the man wants to remain "friends". What is the point?
All those memories and past shared experiences. I think it is too painful.
Maybe men think differently so please tell us.

Enjoy your Tuesday
Coco

4 Comments:

Blogger snakeflake said...

Hi coco, thanks for commenting on my blog. I think that I only have one old girlfriend that I am still friends with. We had a lot of things in common, including alot of the same friends.

I don't know how often people remain friends after break-ups but I moved around alot and it is hard for me to keep up with my male friends as well.

another thought is that my current girlfriend would not be pleased if I were very good friends with one of my ex-girlfriends. Actually she does not know that the one ex that I am still good friends with ever dated. I am not going to tell her either, not because I plan to ever date her again but It would just make things uncomfortable, and as I said we have a lot of common friends that I also do not want to lose. Do think me keeping that from her is bad?

11:22 AM  
Blogger CoCo said...

No gotta protect yourself in the event....

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really liked the person to begin with, and you were friends as well as lovers, after a time, you can be friends. My best friend is an ex from long ago.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You found "something" in this person, friend or lover. I, as a female, has always been friends with my ex's and it is great. I know that I can keep that great conversation without feeling weird. If you found that "something" with someone than it is more than alright to be friends, you just need to ensure the "new friend" that you are just friends. Differant Blog, jealous new comers

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home