What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Don't people want to work anymore?

Ok the secret is out. Yes I work at a Starbucks locations. Believe me after all the stores I have worked in they are all pretty much the same customer wise.

So my complaint today are the people we hire and then soon after they decide to quit.

I think people do not have the same work ethic these days. I suspect , at least around my area, it has to do with the upbringing. So many people I hire have a car and credit cards provided by parents. Wonder why it is too much trouble to get up and go to work each day !

I am getting tired of it. It seems like there is no one looking for work anymore. People just want everything handed to them with little effort on their part.
Well I have a few interviews coming up this week. Let's see how they go.
Sorry for the rant
Coco

1 Comments:

Blogger snakeflake said...

Traditional work sucks. I work, I am salaried so I work more than 40 hours but only get paid for 40. I work to make money so I can maintain a life style and hopefully retire one day. Now, those who do not want to work and have no goals would rather live off of the govvernment (us) are just plain lazy. Those who think a job is beneath them are wrong. You have to start somewhere. i started bussing tables and washing dishes at Shoneys. There is a difference in not liking to work and being to lazy or uppity to work. Check my blog for ways to make money without working 9-5, I am checking out ways to do this and retire early.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home