What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

No We're Not Together !!!

I run into this behavior time and time again in different situations.
Here is how it goes...
2 men come into the shop and order coffee drinks with each other. I ask them if they are "together".. You should see how offended they become. They immediately proclaim , We are not "together". How offended they become and insistant they are not "together". I then have to rephrase the question, "Are you two paying together today?". What is with you guys? I am not asking about your sexual preference, only trying to charge you for your drinks. It is really funny because while waiting for their yummy beverages these men will NOT stand together or wait next to each other. They wait in different corners or one will wait outside.
I have also seen this behavior in movie theaters. When 2 or more guys see a movie together they will not sit next to each other. They will sit every other seat and take up a whole aisle. Why can't you guys just sit next to each other at the movies. In the theater they have to yell at each other over the extra seats between each other.
This creates a big disturbance for all others. Not to mention using extra seats. Maybe you guys should then buy 2 movie tickets for extra seats.
I also noticed this on my vacation. My flight had men travelling alone. I noticed that every once in awhile men would request a seat change if they were positioned next to another male.. Either to an empty seat or next to a woman. And no it wasn't to sit next to a babe. It was grandmotherly types they moved next to.
Guys I don't think you are diverse if you pay/sit next to or watch a movie with another guy. I don't think other people think that either. Am I right. What do you think?
Wish me a Happy Mother's Day. Yes 3 times over!
Coco

4 Comments:

Blogger Gordy said...

Huh, they must be unsure about their sexuality. I have a cycle buddy that I go out to breakfast or coffee with occasionally. I've been asked that question and usually reply with yeah, I'll cover it this time. As in, I'm buying both drinks.

What's the big deal?

I'm not gay, and as Seinfeld said, "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

I also don't understand why I'll bet women don't have any objection to the question. Regardless of their answer.

People in retail establishments are weird. Maybe parents no longer teach their children good consumer habits?
I'm just sayin'

8:58 AM  
Blogger CoCo said...

Gordy-Thanks for stopping back and reading . It is good to get a male opinion sometimes. Share this with friends if you like.

5:43 PM  
Blogger dotcommie said...

Obviously they aren't that secure in their sexuality.

Do they drive large SUV's or trucks as well?

9:59 AM  
Blogger CoCo said...

Actually a lot of these guys ride skateboards.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home