What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Measuring Men

Have you ever noticed that men use their fingers and hands when making measurements?
Serving coffee all day long leads me to believe that men have a finger fixation. For instance, measuring the amount of empty space at the top of a cup of coffee.
Here is how it goes:
Coco: What can I get for you today?
Man : I need a coffee with that much room.
(customer then uses his fingers to indicate how much space he wants in his cup)
Coco: Would you like 3 inches of space in that coffee?
Man: No I would like that much space.(again indicating the amount with fingers, which is exactly 3 inches)
This goes on all day long. It makes me wonder what else they are measuring with their fingers.
Are they measuring at the gas station? Can I have about 5 inches of gas today? Or are they using #'s?
Are they measuring at the Deli? Can I have that much roast beef? Or using lbs?
Are they measuring at the ballpark? Do you want a regular hot dog or a foot-long? I guess there they would need to measure with their arms!
So how do they measure their erection size? With their fingers or with words?
" Well honey, I am 6 inches today". Or do they use their fingers to demonstrate how many inches?

I think perhaps I had way too much time on my hands at work today. But in all fairness this led to a fun discussion with the girls at work.
What do you guys think? Is the measuring thing true. Watch for this trait next time you measure.
Have a great Wednesday
COCO

1 Comments:

Blogger Gordy said...

How about how we always imitate the sound when describing it?

We're just sad that way.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home