What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Good/Poor Service

I needed to go into the bank today. I say into because I usually go to the drive-up teller to avoid long lines as well as surly bank employees.
It got me thinking of all the places that have less than stellar service. In my experience Starbucks has exhibited far more friendly service than other businesses. I do admit I compare my own business visits by my own store Starbucks standards.
What I have found out there is severely lacking.
Do you agree???
Think back to the last business transaction. The bank, the doctor's office, the DMV, the garden shop, the restaurant where you had lunch. How did they measure up to your last Latte visit?
Starbucks does pride itself and rate itself on customer service. Even going so far as to have Secret Shoppers. Shoppers who are paid to rate our service, cleanliness and how friendly we are.
Tell me about your shopper experience this time.

Rate your retail/food service.
Thanks
Coco

2 Comments:

Blogger Blank said...

I try to think this way, it costs me nothing to be nice to the teller, or the DMV clerk. I make sure to thank them too. Lets face it, and you know it. These people are not making 3000 dollars a day like the VP's stealing everyones pensions. They have to work and go home and deal with the same crap we do, so unless they just have to be ass, I'll at least try not to be.

Poor waiter/waitress service.. thats a little harder, about the only thing the really bugs me is waiting for a drink refill or for you finally come back, and when they do, reaking of cigrattes becasue they had to run outside and have one.

4:02 AM  
Blogger dotcommie said...

Starbucks has some of the best service in retail. So many of the 'independent' coffee houses have lousy service, Starbucks sets the standard for a cafe.

There's a local pizza place that gets take out orders wrong more than half the time. I find that to be unacceptable, but at least they comp you when that happens. Cheap eats.

Back to Starbucks. Anyone who runs a business should use them as an example of how to deal with customers. I'll also give Southwest Airlines kudos as well for the same reasons.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home