What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Long Distance relationships

Do they work? Can long distance relationships work out?
I want your opinions because I am in one.
East Coast vs West Coast.
I can see why they don't work out - however if there is a finite date for the 2
to finally be together would that help the distance? I think it sounds more reasonable to me to say "ok in a year we will move where ever and finally this will be over".
Am I just deluding myself? HELP ME?????
Happy Monday
Coco

3 Comments:

Blogger Blank said...

I would have to say no, they won't work out. Every case is different.

Me, being very happily divorced (so you get my great advice, as i sit sipping my eight o'clock coffee), you really need to take lots of time to make sure you are very compatible with someone, how much you can tolerate each others little quirks and if you share similar values. That being said, having sort of tried the long distance thing, it takes too much energy too.

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The course of true love never did run smooth."

William Shakespere --From A Midsummer Night's Dream (I, i, 134)

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long distance relationships can work out if there is a plan...that is, a plan to move closer together. I had a trans-Atlantic relationship once, and it faltered because neither of us was willing to move. You need to make a commitment to make it work, a commitment to be together at a date certain!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home