What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Humor at 5am??

It is hard to get up at 4:00 am to work sometimes. I would like to see most of you do it. I have been getting up at 4am for the past 4 years as part of my job. My coffee shop opens at 5:00 am and I enjoy the early hour with some of my favorite customers. However there have appeared in the last few months a few memorable guys who seem to think that 5:00 am is a good time to try out their humor on women.
We of couse want to say go home to your wife or girlfriend because you are sooo not funny.
For example: the guy who likes to joke about the front page of the daily newspaper. He then proceeds to clue us in on his laughter. I don't know what is humorous about the earthquakes or floods in New England. Do you?
While wishing him a good day, he then jokingly tells us "there you go telling me what kind of day to have".
Well today I informed him that it is part of my job to wish people a good day and send them on their "happy" way. I also told him that it was not a requirement to have a good day and that he could have any kind of day he wanted. He didn't get the humor. I am not surprised because he only wants people to laugh at his jokes!
Please gentlemen, as the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat.....
If you are going to try to make me laugh at 5:00 in the morning believe me I will give humor back at you as fast as I can. There isn't very much I haven't heard over coffee.
Have a good Saturday but only if you want to!!!!
Coco

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home