What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Leave your pets at home please

Ok here is my public service annoncement. LEAVE YOUR PETS AT HOME DO NOT TAKE THEM TO THE COFFEE SHOP!

A woman came in today and was in a very big hurry for her soy beverage. She was impatient waiting in a small line to order her drink. While waiting for me to make her drink she asked me if I could hurry because she "left her Cat in the car". She proceeded to tell me it was very hot outside and also how hot it was for her cat in the car. She then asked how long it takes to steam milk and to do it quickly so she could get to her cat.
After making her tasty beverage she than said "oh good, now my cat will be happy I am finished". What I really wanted to say was "maybe your cat would be happy if you left it at home instead of your death trap of a car! I really wanted to take her license # and call Animal Protection. She got away too fast.
What do you readers think.?Leave pets at home or not????
I myself have 2 cats so I am an animal lover.
Have a good day
Coco

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least she left it in the car.

12:36 PM  
Blogger dotcommie said...

She could have left the window open a crack, the weather in that area isn't too hot and for a few minutes Mister Bigglesworth would be just fine.

I've had cats that would spend their time lounging on the TOO HOT TO TOUCH stones of a fireplace.

She's just using the cat as an excuse to rush the barristas.

And of course, she could have left the kitty at home.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Blank said...

My cat stays home, he freaks out if put into his cage and promptly begins to shed 9.8 pounds of cat hair, not bad for a 8 pound cat.

He has other bad habits when stressed, but we don't discuss these over coffee.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Gordy said...

Um, guilty as charged. As a divorced guy, when the ex goes to play, I get the family dog to watch. Yeah, he may be a happy funny beagle to me, but to everyone else he might not.

Once, just once, I bicycled over with the doggie in the trailer. He hated it. It was an okay day temperature wise, he just got all stressed out and didn't enjoy it. I took him inside (on a leash) to get him a cup of water, but he wouldn't drink. I was the only customer. Had it been busy, I think I would have left him outside in the shade.

I never leave him inside the car. He doesn't enjoy that. He might like the ride, but the wait is horrible for him so I never take him.

So yeah, she should have been smarter than me and left the cat at home.

But I kept my money in the bag on my bike, so no sweaty bills for the barista, can I get a little credit for that?

I didn't think so.

7:46 PM  
Blogger CoCo said...

Gordy- I am glad to see there are some thoughtful cyclists who don't pull $$$ from their bike shorts.

GOOD JOB!!!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home