What I learn about men each day

My life in a coffee shop. May interactions and dealings with customers every day. Mostly about men because they are so memorable. For women to read because we will see these traits in all of our men.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Holidays

The holiday season according to my Starbucks, starts tomorrow, Thursday. It will be Christmas morning in all your local Starbucks. I love the holiday season!

However most of my customers will be groaning and complaining about retailers starting too early in the holiday season. A few years back, so many customers complained to corporate Starbucks about the holiday music starting on November 1st. Since then we are not allowed to play holiday music till the day after Thanksgiving.
Friends- Do you find any validity in their complaints?
Do you think retailers start the advertising and push into the holiday season too early?
Remember it is retail and we have to make $$$ somehow.

Welcome and embrace the holiday season. It is coming whether we want it or not!
Coco

4 Comments:

Blogger Blank said...

The Hoildays ALWAYS start after thanksgiving... thats when Santa comes to town at the end of the Macys parade. Oh crap.. thats like 2 weeks away!

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

every other store already has christmas stuff up and PEOPLE ARE BUYING GIFTS ALREADY. why does everyone pick their barista to complain to....sheesh!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Poetic_bum said...

I think its safe to say we all feel pushed by the marketing scheme once and a while. More so at Christmas. I'm not sure why. It could be that it unwelcomingly reminds us we need to buy presents. It might be that all the commercials we see are all focused on this holiday from early november to just after Christmas. Who knows. But I don't think we should complain.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People need to complain about something (hot, cold, rain, snow, old people, gas, traffic, prices, long lines, etc) local starbucks baristas are my friends. I complain to my friends and family. Take it as an complement. And yes, it is too early for Christmas music but I like seeing the retail before Thanksgiving.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home